If you live in Cumbria and are interested in working with babies, children or young people, we can help you find a suitable apprenticeship. Through our apprenticeship scheme, we offer two routes to working with children. If you are looking to become a Teaching Assistant, we offer a Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning Apprenticeship where you can work in a local school and earn a wage while you study. If working with babies and younger children interests you, you could look into our Childcare Apprenticeship where you would work in a local nursery or preschool and study towards becoming a Level 2 qualified Nursery Nurse. Our qualifications are industry recognised and will help you gain a permanent role working as a Teaching Assistant or Nursery Practitioner. Our apprenticeships are 12 months in length and involve you working in a local primary or secondary school, nursery or children’s centre. In addition to working in paid employment, you will attend classroom based learning delivered by a specialist tutor one day every other week.
Is this for you? Can you demonstrate that you;
- Have a genuine love for children/young people
- Are hardworking and punctual
- Are dedicated to gaining a qualification in this field
- Have a caring personality with a natural ability to look out for others
- Are a happy, smiley person who is comfortable around children/young people
- Are a person who likes to see others learn, play and grow
- Are Someone who enjoys reading and singing with children
- Are Someone who is patient with young people
What’s in it for you?
- Modern, inspiring classrooms where you will receive an interactive learning experience delivered by expert trainers.
- A warm welcome and free tea and coffee facilities in our chill-out room where you can relax between classes and socialise with other learners, listen to the radio and carry out group work.
- Enjoy the opportunity to earn and win awards and prizes such as shopping vouchers throughout the year.
- You will receive one of our FREE learner stationery packs on your first day to get you all set to go!
- Access to a number of other FREE training courses such as first aid, food hygiene and safeguarding to help boost your CV upon graduation.
- Book a 1-2-1 with our Education Consultant for free CV advice and interview skills training.
- Take the opportunity to join our TA and Nursery Nurse register for supply work upon qualifying – we have placed hundreds of teaching support staff in paid employment since 2013.
For more information about our courses please download our course info below: