Childcare Assistant /Early Years Practitioner – Apprenticeship Vacancy £4.15 an hour – Kendal, South Lakes
Are you about to finish school this academic year? Not sure what to do next? Have you thought about becoming an Early Years/Nursery Practitioner?
Would you like to work in a local Primary School in Kendal while you gain a Level 2 Early Years qualification? This is a large, busy Primary School with a well established EYFS department with over 50 children in Reception and almost 20 in Nursery. We are looking for 2 Early Years Level 2 apprentices to join the team where there is already 2 exisiting apprentices who will be progressing to level 3. This means you will have an apprentice ‘Buddy’ for support as well as an official mentor. These roles are within a large unit where some pupils have been identified as having additional needs.
The contract is for 40 hours a week and includes before and after school care. You will support class teacher by setting up/clearing activities, monitoring pupil participation and progress, break and lunch duties and intimate care for the children (training will be provided).
There is a busy, vibrant feel to the school and a good team ethos so great for someone looking for a really busy, bustling school experience in which to train. This school is based on the outskirts of Kendal, walkable from centre but quite a distance so would be advantageous of you had access to a car. There is plenty of parking available. The school is offering a September start date and shortlisting will commence 17th August with interviews later in the week.
Experience of working with/supporting children is preferential, a REAL desire to work with young children supporting all aspects of their development. You will need to hold a grade 4/C in Maths and English and have excellent communication skills.
What sort of person are we looking for?
The Personal qualities required to work with Early Years aged children are very varied but do include a positive ‘can-do’ attitude where you can show high levels of enthusiasm to set a great example to children in your care. You obviously need to enjoy working with young children and it helps to have a sense of humour and a sense of fun! You will need to be a reliable, punctual and committed person in order to best support the classroom teacher during your employment. Teamwork is paramount to the success of the school as a whole and to the wellbeing and development of the pupils. You should not be afraid to get stuck in and help others when needed. You will need to show initiative and be able to follow instructions and complete set tasks. You will also need to be confident building and maintaining relationships with young children and be able to speak to and communicate with parents, other staff and visitors effectively.
Why train with System People?
- You are important to us and we care about our staff and apprentices…we get to know you and support you!
- We are the BEST Training Provider in Cumbria – we won the “BEST Training Provider Award” at the Golden Apples in 2019
- Enjoy our modern, inspiring local classrooms where you will receive an interactive learning experience delivered by expert trainers once a quarter
- Our live virtual delivery model allows flexibility to learn in the comfort of your own home/employer premises
- Receive a warm welcome and enjoy free tea and coffee facilities in our chill out area where you can relax in between classes and socialize with other learners
- Enjoy the opportunity to earn and win awards and prizes such as shopping vouchers throughout the year through our ‘Learner Rewards Scheme’
- Access to a number of other FREE training such as first aid, food hygiene and safeguarding to help boost your CV upon graduation
- Book a 1-2-1 with our Education Consultant for free CV advice and interview skills training
GCSE A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in Maths and English (Please note that apprentices will need to achieve a Grade 4 in both before they can reach Gateway and complete an apprenticeship)
Apprenticeships are open to everyone of all ages, so perhaps you have just left school and are not looking to go to university? Maybe you are a working parent looking for a change? Or perhaps you are looking for a career break and want to retrain and start something totally new! All applications are welcome.
This Apprenticeships is a fantastic opportunity and a great way to start your career, with the potential to progress upon completion of your Apprenticeship into a permanent position or to go on to further study such as a PGCE or Education related degree.
What are you waiting for?
Your Future Awaits!