Contracts Supervisor, Up to £38k, Full Time, Permanent, Carlisle
We are working with a well established and successful client in the Construction Industry who are looking for an experienced Contracts Supervisor on a full time basis. You will join a friendly, busy contracts team to take responsibility for the coordination of the day to day operations across various sites. This will involve managing a diverse range of suppliers and customers effectively, sourcing and coordinating construction equipment to various sites and ensuring the delivery of various materials are scheduled correctly. This is a central office function to support the operations on sites during construction projects.
This job requires you to have previous experience of working in the building/construction industry so that you can bring your experience to this business to better develop their contracts support on site. You will need to demonstrate the confidence to deal with changing deadlines, sometimes challenging people and tight budgets. You will be dealing with UK based and International clients and need to be able to speak to and deal with customers from various backgrounds and nationalities. Ideally you will be able to demonstrate that you have worked in a busy, fast paced environment where you have been responsible for the construction, delivery and servicing of goods. It is essential that you are able to use Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook to an intermediate level.
The position will involve;
- Coordination of the commercial and contractual aspects of multiple Infrastructure projects
- Discussing client requirements to fulfil projects including schedule management and cost monitoring
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers, internal staff, sub contractors and suppliers to ensure smooth running
- Providing logistics support for construction managers to ensure materials, tools and staff are at the right place at the right time
- Arranging for correct health and safety equipment and security passes to be present on site at right time
- Arranging accommodation and resources for site staff attending sites across the UK
System People are operating as a Recruitment Business in this instance.