Education Manager – Secondary/Post 16 – £30,000 (Pro Rated to Term Time only 38 weeks contract) – Permanent
Are you ready for the next stage in your career?
This is an exciting new position due to growth and expansion of our education supply and apprenticeship business based in Carlisle. This is a great job for someone looking for a real career opportunity while working term time. Reporting to our well established Commercial Director you will be responsible for implementing the Secondary and Post 16 sales and marketing strategy. To do this you will be required to manage and develop an existing warm database of secondary school/SEN and Post 16 clients in Cumbria. You will sell a variety of system people services to these clients including apprenticeships, teaching and TA Supply. You will also be responsible for identifying new areas for potential revenue streams within secondary and post 16 settings and through effective business development increase customer base. The position will involve developing a healthy register of Secondary Supply Teachers, TA’s and Post 16 Lecturers to best service customers with recruitment needs.
Who are System People?
We are a well-established, forward thinking and dynamic business who operate in the recruitment and training sector. Our Teaching and TA supply business has been established since 2013 and our apprenticeships since 2015. Our passion and Our wider business has been established since the mid 1990's and we are large players in the UK logistics sector. Our enthusiasm for the business is second to none and our staff are proud to work for us. Why is this? We really value our staff, we respect them and want to create the best work life balance as possible. We offer flexible home working and have 2 office locations (Carlisle City Centre and Carlisle Airport near Brampton) for office based days. We pay competitive salaries and offer 25 days holiday. There are plenty of training opportunities and staff have benefited from much accredited and non-accredited courses whist employed.
Is this role for me?
This role would suit someone who has a confident character, is able to build strong customer relationships and who has high energy levels. You must have a passion for excellent customer service as repeat business is at the core of the success of this position and our wider business. This position involves face to face school visits with Head Teachers, Business Managers and SENCO staff so a mature approach and a smart physical appearance is required. Ideally you will hold a high standard of education and be able to demonstrate from previous work experience examples of consultative selling and networking. This would suit someone creative who is interested in social media marketing using many channels such as facebook, linked in and twitter. You will ideally have strong interviewing skills and have some HR or recruitment background although training will be provided. You must be a self-starter as much of this role is on the road/homebased as is our Commercial Director your direct line manager. You will be able to work to monthly objectives independently and operate in a mature and professional manner.
- Maintain and develop a warm register of supply TA and Teacher candidates to maintain revenue streams within secondary clients
- Create and send out regular eshots/marketing to clients via CRM system
- Use of Social media channels to grow secondary market across all services
- Provision of high-quality account management for new and existing clients
- Actively develop knowledge of market to enable you to generate business and a sales pipeline, through business development calling, networking and lead generation
- Seek out new business opportunities and win on new business in Secondary/College market in Cumbria and wider geographical locations
- Write and place professional and effective job advertisements to attract secondary supply candidates
- Qualify candidate suitability for current or future vacancies/clients, through professional interviews
- Manage the compliance process for secondary candidates with use of external compliance system
- Liaison with candidates on a daily/weekly basis to ensure effective candidate management
- Understanding profit margins and temp costs to justify and explain charges to clients
- Take part in team working and cover for counterpart (Education Manager – Primary) during holidays
- Deal with client/candidate queries and take ownership to follow up and ensure dealt with efficiently
- Provision of out of hours on call cover both during the week and on weekends (shared on rota basis with counterpart)
- Have a good level of literacy and numeracy
- Possess good PC skills with Intermediate knowledge of both Microsoft Word and Excel
- Hold a full driving licence
- Have the ability to work to targets
- Have a professional and confident manner
- Show a polite and understanding approach
- Show assertiveness where needed
- Be able to negotiate and close within profitable levels
- Be a self-starter who can spot business opportunities
- Be positive and energetic
- Be able to demonstrate “bounce back” when faced with a series of work challenges
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to have an infomal chat you can contact our Commercial Director Lyndsey Fitheridge directly via this advert link or on linked In. Our facebook page is systempeopleeducation if you would like to find out a bit more about us.