Company Name: System People (‘the Company’)
Company Contact details:
Rebecca Bird, Managing Director, System People, English Gate Plaza, Botchergate, Carlisle, CA1 1RP
Document: Privacy Notice
Topic: Data protection
The Company is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you, we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
- Collection and use of personal data
- Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purpose of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Legitimate interest
- Legal obligation
- Contractual obligation
Categories of data
The information that we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
(A) Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows:
– Your name – Your address – Your email address – Your telephone number – CV / work history – Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
– Any other work-related information you provide, for example, education or training
(B) Information in respect of individuals who have worked for us previously or may work for us is as follows: – Passport – Permits and visas (where relevant) – Date of Birth – National Insurance Number – Full details of job offers and placements – Outcome of criminal record checks – Medical information (where relevant) – References – Financial information (included but not limited to payroll details and terms, HMRC data,
pension scheme details, court orders and statutory payments) – A log of our communications with you by email and telephone
The above information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with such as a Job Board Company. In the case of references, these will be from your previous employer/s. Medical information may be supplied by a third party such as your GP, Consultant or Occupational Health. The outcome of criminal record checks, where relevant, will be supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
The information detailed under Section A above may be used as follows:
- To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist you in finding positions that most suit you
- To put forward your details to our clients and prospective employers for you to be considered for vacancies
- To place you with our clients and prospective employers
- To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
- To keep you informed of the services offered by us
The information detailed under Section B above may be used as follows:
- To establish that you have the right to work in the UK
- To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and prospective employers and as permitted by law
- To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions
- To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured
- To pay you if you are placed by us
Recipient/s of data
The Company will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- Umbrella Companies
- Voyager Software (CRM System)
- IT Support Company (System IT)
- Clients when temporary booking or permanent placement is made
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement, and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data are:
- We will be unable represent you for work and/or process your pay if you do not provide your data such as; proof of ID or eligibility to work in the UK, bank details, home address etc.
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where the Company has obtained your consent to process your personal/and sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal/and sensitive personal data
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data/and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Rebecca Bird, Managing Director or Chloe Dixon, Recruitment Resourcer on 01228 530554.
Source of personal data
The company sourced your personal / sensitive personal data by the following means:
- A direct job application
- From third party job boards
- Notified from a government source (i.e HMRC)
Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Rebecca Bird, Managing Director or Chloe Dixon, Recruitment Resourcer on 01228 530554.
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
Third Party Processors
Our carefully selected partners and service providers may process personal information about you on our behalf as described below:
“Digital Marketing Service Providers
We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activity on our behalf, such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors include: